• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Pruvaloo

Quick Anime Character

This topic is 4845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've landed myself a freelance job to make a low poly anime style young fighter, and seeing as I only have 10 days to do it, I figured I should put tinkering with my Absence character on hold for the near future. Anyway, this is the guy so far I know there's not much to crit style wise as the client has a strong idea of what they want, which is nice :) but I just thought Id post it up...textures coming soon Cheers

Advertisement
can you post a wire frame, from that we can get a better idea of what it'll look like while deforming in animation too.

Sud D's are a luxery I cant have man, my client wants the character below 2000 polys....I've finished of modeling at its at 1740...even with 1 iteration of sub D's or mesh smooth that pushes it well over 3000....though of course when everything is sub D'ed it looks better.

Wire frame and textures coming shortly.

Cheers guys

Pruvaloo, check out this mesh. Yes, just over 4000 faces however it has about 10 times the detail yours has. It is an extremely well done example of how to pull alot of detail out of a small number of poly's.

I like your characters face, its truly anime. I think the rest of his body needs alot of work though. Alot. Keep up the good work.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=259417&highlight=final+fantasy

I'd recommend studying up on some anatomy. You may have been going for an anime look, but much of anime was pulled from real-life.

Min's sketchbook is excellent for anatomy checks.

For instance, your feet are nothing more than an extruded box. An arm's width is far less varying than your character's. The hand is very (VERY) thin. He doesn't seem to have a butt. His thigh is thinner than his lower leg. His pecks are too high. His arms seem perfectly round, as do his legs. The chest is somewhat deformed (Chests do not look like a 'V').

The face does look great, with the exception of his ear, which should be longer.

Alpha-maps would definately help you get the character's hair to look better. Are you allowed to use them?

Check out HawkPrey's site, too. It should help ya.

[Edited by - videodragon20032003 on August 9, 2005 3:11:44 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!