• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Team001

Engine001!

This topic is 4850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been workin on 'Engine001', a game creating engine for about three years now. We've just released a new Demo (a short game attempting to show you all what kinds of features 001 is capable of performing) and hope some of you may enjoy what you see! You can check us out over at www.engine001.com Download (Demo): http://www.engine001.com/downloads.htm Screenshots: http://www.engine001.com/screenshots.htm We've just begun promoting this new project (starting today) and hope to start somewhat of a community - we would greatly appreciate your visit! :)

Advertisement
Your links are borked, I had a look at the screenshots on your page and what you've got there looks good, keep up the good work.

Hey, I downloaded and played the demo...pretty cool, I really liked the doors/shadows when you open the doors, how did you do that? Animated texture, or actual 3D transformation?

I played around with the demo for a while...noticed some problems with the vehicle->water collision detection, also you shouldn't take away health when the car collides at a very low velocity. The handling is good, but because the turn radius is constant it's hard to backup/drive around without bumping into some things, and having your health decrease.

I liked the way the NPC questioned you on the first level, that was cool...but later on he walked right by me while I was breaking into the house, and he didn't do anything.

Anyways, very cool stuff, keep up the good work.

- Dan

The doors are 3D transformations, projected onto 2D, like almost everything in 001.

The turn radius is not constant. It's based on your velocity. So you can do sharper turns when your going faster.

The NPC isn't meant to attack you until you cause trouble :).

Vehicle not losing health on low velocity is a common complaint - so I think it is high time I fix that :).

Thanks for your compliments!!

Mike.

By the way. do not hesitate to support us by hanging around our forums. We're currently in testing the "market" for the maker. Its success will be determined by its following in the forum. And it would be best that we did not put updates on all the forums we've advertised on.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!