• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Daedalus AI

Optical

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do everyone! I've been wanting a soundcard for a long time that has an optical output, anyone know of any converters or cards going around at the moment? Chars, Daed.

Advertisement
I had an SB Live with an additionl 5-1/4" bay drive that would accept optical connections on the bay.

I have the same thing. I have the "SB Live Drive 2" model - it has: SPDIF in/out, Optical in/out, RCA in, MIDI in/out, Headphone and Microphone.

I believe later ones come with an infrared remote control as well.

Yeah, that would be cool, but I have a shuttle pc, and no room for extra drive bays unfortunately.

I've had a look around, and currently have my eye set on the "Live! 24-bit External SB".

...Or I might be tempted to just go large, and get the SB Audigy 4 Pro.

Hmm, not sure! ...Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanx Daed.

If you're gonna buy, buy up. However, what are you planning to use this for? The Audigy cards are great for gaming and home/hobby use, but aren't known as favorites for pro work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!