• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Antrim

Off center fullscreen

This topic is 4850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm having a slight problem with my engine that I can't seem to figure out. Basicly, all I'm doing is getting the display settings that the user wants, and then rendering a background color with a bit of text using those settings. In windowed mode, this works fine. However, when fullscreen is selected, the screen comes up slightly off center. The resolution, color, eveything is all ok, it's just that it appears that the screen has shifted down and to the right just a bit. There is a black border along the upper and left edges (which your cursor can not cross into), and then the lower and right edges go all the way to the edge of the screen, and the cursor can *disappear* off those edges if you move it there. Just wondering if this anyone else has had this issue and figured out what was causing it. What I've done so far is pretty basic, and I really can't figure out what is causing it myself. Thanks for any input, Antrim

Advertisement
I've seen the same issue and fixed it by switching my game to a higher resolution. I don't know what caused it, for me I wanted to run at a higher resolution anyhow so it didn't matter. You might want to try different resolutions as a temproary solution. (Someone else here may know exactly what causes that).

Ok, after a bit of testing, I just realized that this is a problem with any programs that run in DirectX...even commercial games.

I tried the resolution thing, and you're right...it does seem to lessen the offset a bit, but doesn't completly repair it. Thanks for the temp fix though ;)

I suppose it must have something to do with my graphics card and/or drivers (although they are up to date...dunno). Anyway, I've got a Geforce9800GT in case anyone reading this happens to have one and knows a fix.

Otherwise, just let the thread die, as it's more about hardware than DirectX now ;)

It's probably your monitor, try adjusting position/size on the new resolution.

Try the same resolution as your desktop is set to and see if it's still off-center.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!