• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ferr

Blog documenting the creation of a game. [DEMO RELEASED]

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I started up a blog recently which will fully document the creation of some projects I'm working on. The blog is in the midst of The Summer Demo right now, which is just something for me to apply what I've been reading for a while now, but the real fun begins early September when The Senior Project takes over. I'd suggest starting out by reading the blog's mission. Feel free to post any comments on the blog, whether it be greetings, criticism, tips, etc. Thanks. [Edited by - ferr on August 31, 2005 1:19:24 PM]

Advertisement
I don't like the background. It distracts me. I turned it off and the page looked sooo much better to my mind.

Post a small amount whenever you can. The initial glow of excitement of having a blog can quickly lead to feeling you need to post something worthwhile every time and eventually to not posting at all. If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing badly. If you've got writers block write about what it's like to be blocked and what you're afraid of.

All the best.

Pete

Quote:
Original post by petewood
Post a small amount whenever you can. The initial glow of excitement of having a blog can quickly lead to feeling you need to post something worthwhile every time and eventually to not posting at all. If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing badly. If you've got writers block write about what it's like to be blocked and what you're afraid of.

All the best.

Pete

Actually, the way it's set up with milestones and whatnot, I have a real excuse to make a post every few days at the LEAST. I'm sure every so often I'll toss something inbetween MSs also to make it a three-times-a-week blog.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!