• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lack the hack

MD2 Models....again

This topic is 4850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

sorry to post another topic about MD2 Models, but i have one more thing to ask about them. how do you make a texture with a MD2 model? when i viewed my MD2 model in an MD2 viewer, all that was there was the shape of it, no color or anything. any suggestions? thanks:)

Advertisement
i don't think i explained my question clearly. i haven't made my texture yet for my MD2 model, i'm trying to figure out how you make the texture according to your MD2 model so that it fits it perfectly. how do you make a texture that is customized for your certain model?

create a blank texture

in your modelling tool you net to uv map each polygon or a selection of polygons onto the 2d texture map

in your md2 file you have the texture coordinates you need to render it

i suggest you search for skinning tutorial on google

for more information have a look at this here its the modelling site where i learned most of my modelling skills from

http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2models/tuto.htm

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!