• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
greystreet

Good Linux C++ IDE?

This topic is 4852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, my windows xp box took a dive and I not in the mood to fix it. So for the time being I was looking to install a IDE on my linux box. I have never used the linux box for development, only small tiny apps using the command line compiler c++ <file> blah blah. I did a quick google search and found Anjuta, not sure if this is any good or not? Anyone have any ideas on a good development package? Thanks all, Grey

Advertisement
There's quite a few C/C++ IDE's for Linux listed here. Personally, I use C++ BuilderX from Borland which does the job nicely.

My IDE is VIM. And I use make files well simple make files but they get the job done. If you learn to use VIM there is no faster item for development. However, learning to use it efficiently is the hard part.

If the site comes back up, you might want to try MinGW Studio. (Right now, it seems to be down.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!