• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PeteGallo

program RUNS (thanks Kippesoep)

This topic is 4845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi Kippesoep Thank You So Much for pointing out the missing platform SDK. i am useing MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta 2. i have download the platform SDK from the the link you provided (Thanks). notes in the installation instructions explain: "For Beta 2, you cannot set the Visual C++ Directories in the Options dialog of Visual C++ Express Edition. To work around this issue, you can update the Visual C++ Directories by modifying the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file located in the \vc\vcpackages subdirectory of the Visual C++ Express Edition install location. Please make sure that you also delete the file "vccomponents.dat" located in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" if it exists before restarting Visual C++ Express Edition." when i open the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file it opens with MS Visual C++ how do i modify it? Thank You Pete Gallo [Edited by - PeteGallo on August 8, 2005 8:08:02 PM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by PeteGallo
when i open the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file it opens with
MS Visual C++ how do i modify it?

You can modify it there, and simply save it again like you would with any other file. That's what I did, or you could open it with Notepad.

HTH,

ukdeveloper.

Add the appropriate entries to the lines for the include and library files.

Since I had the PSDK installed in D:\Win32SDK, I had to add the following things:

Include="D:\Win32SDK\include;$(VCInstallDir)include;$(FrameworkSDKDir)include"
Library="D:\Win32SDK\lib;$(VCInstallDir)lib;$(FrameworkSDKDir)lib;$(VSInstallDir);$(VSInstallDir)lib"

ok i changed file path to:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib

do i have to link in any other way.
i saved file and recompiled and receved:

fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'wincon.h':
No such file or directory

Thank You
Pete Gallo

Bear in mind this part from the article:
Please make sure that you also delete the file "vccomponents.dat" located in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" if it exists before restarting Visual C++ Express Edition.

hi Kippesoep

i can't find that file to delete it:
"vccomponents.dat"
i even sarch C: for it where is it located?

Thank You
Pete Gallo

As I posted above, it's in "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" (on my system that means "C:\Documents and Settings\Steven\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0").

ok i was looking in the wrong place checked:
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Gallo\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0

the file: "vccomponents.dat" is not there?

Thank You
Pete Gallo

Quote:
Original post by PeteGallo
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Gallo\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0

That should be:
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Gallo\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0

"Local settings" is a hidden folder, so you will need to change your Windows settings in order to be able to see it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!