program RUNS (thanks Kippesoep)

Started by
20 comments, last by PeteGallo 18 years, 8 months ago
hi Kippesoep Thank You So Much for pointing out the missing platform SDK. i am useing MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta 2. i have download the platform SDK from the the link you provided (Thanks). notes in the installation instructions explain: "For Beta 2, you cannot set the Visual C++ Directories in the Options dialog of Visual C++ Express Edition. To work around this issue, you can update the Visual C++ Directories by modifying the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file located in the \vc\vcpackages subdirectory of the Visual C++ Express Edition install location. Please make sure that you also delete the file "vccomponents.dat" located in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" if it exists before restarting Visual C++ Express Edition." when i open the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file it opens with MS Visual C++ how do i modify it? Thank You Pete Gallo [Edited by - PeteGallo on August 8, 2005 8:08:02 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by PeteGallo
when i open the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file it opens with
MS Visual C++ how do i modify it?

You can modify it there, and simply save it again like you would with any other file. That's what I did, or you could open it with Notepad.

HTH,

ukdeveloper.

thanks ukdeveloper

how do i modify it what do i have to do.
Add the appropriate entries to the lines for the include and library files.

Since I had the PSDK installed in D:\Win32SDK, I had to add the following things:

Include="D:\Win32SDK\include;$(VCInstallDir)include;$(FrameworkSDKDir)include"
Library="D:\Win32SDK\lib;$(VCInstallDir)lib;$(FrameworkSDKDir)lib;$(VSInstallDir);$(VSInstallDir)lib"

Kippesoep
ok i changed file path to:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib

do i have to link in any other way.
i saved file and recompiled and receved:

fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'wincon.h':
No such file or directory

Thank You
Pete Gallo
Bear in mind this part from the article:
Please make sure that you also delete the file "vccomponents.dat" located in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" if it exists before restarting Visual C++ Express Edition.
Kippesoep
hi Kippesoep

i can't find that file to delete it:
"vccomponents.dat"
i even sarch C: for it where is it located?

Thank You
Pete Gallo
As I posted above, it's in "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" (on my system that means "C:\Documents and Settings\Steven\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0").
Kippesoep
ok i was looking in the wrong place checked:
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Gallo\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0

the file: "vccomponents.dat" is not there?

Thank You
Pete Gallo
Quote:Original post by PeteGallo
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Gallo\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0

That should be:
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Gallo\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0

"Local settings" is a hidden folder, so you will need to change your Windows settings in order to be able to see it.
Kippesoep

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement