• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
weisite

How to play the opening film?

This topic is 4851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone! I want to use ddraw with dshow to play the video in fullscreen,just like the beginning of the game.How can I do it? I apologize that my english is so poor. thx!

Advertisement
well, u implement the direct show nrmally, and it takes, i think the a Direct Draw or direct3d device in there somewhere in directshow.

so implement DShow and pass over ur device, and ur done.

Take a look at the DXExtrasPath\Directshow\Players\DDrawXCL sample.
Basically what you have to do is:

1. Create a directshow graph
2. Add the Overlay Mixer filter to the graph
3. Configure the filter to use your ddraw surfaces etc
4. graph->RenderFile()
5. Play the graph

ps: I'm assuming you already understand the basics of DirectShow.

Quote:
Original post by Kamikaze15
Take a look at the DXExtrasPath\Directshow\Players\DDrawXCL sample.
Basically what you have to do is:

1. Create a directshow graph
2. Add the Overlay Mixer filter to the graph
3. Configure the filter to use your ddraw surfaces etc
4. graph->RenderFile()
5. Play the graph

ps: I'm assuming you already understand the basics of DirectShow.

I tried the sample ddrawxcl,but I found some problems.
The situation that the screen glitters appears when use the full screen to play the video.
Another problem is the application can't open some .avi or .mpg files.
How to solve these problems?

Sorry, my english is not so good, what do you mean "the screen glitters appears"?

As for only some AVI/MPG are working must be a codecs issue or for some reason those streams are unable to connect to the Overlay Mixer filter.

Try to render those files in GraphEdit (found in DXExtrasPath\DirectShow\Utilities) using the Overlay Mixer filter to see if the pins connect correctly.

You'd do this this way:
1. Open GraphEdit
2. Menu Graph->Insert Filters
3. Find and add the Overlay Mixer filter (should be on "DirectShow Filters") to the graph
4. Menu File->Render Media File (you cannot use drag&drop, otherwise the graph will be cleared)

Quote:
Original post by Kamikaze15
Sorry, my english is not so good, what do you mean "the screen glitters appears"?

As for only some AVI/MPG are working must be a codecs issue or for some reason those streams are unable to connect to the Overlay Mixer filter.

Try to render those files in GraphEdit (found in DXExtrasPath\DirectShow\Utilities) using the Overlay Mixer filter to see if the pins connect correctly.

You'd do this this way:
1. Open GraphEdit
2. Menu Graph->Insert Filters
3. Find and add the Overlay Mixer filter (should be on "DirectShow Filters") to the graph
4. Menu File->Render Media File (you cannot use drag&drop, otherwise the graph will be cleared)

I am sorry,it is my false."the screen glitters appears" means when I play the video, The PrimarySurface has some unnormal line(white) on it.I think the reason is the "Flip" function.
I affraid you can't understand me,because my english is so poor.
thanks very much!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!