• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
thomas8

C++ CLASSES OR BOOKS

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i REALLY want to learn c++ and like in the biggginer's article.. i thought it would be easier to learn hands on... and be able to ask questions and all that... how can i find a class.... o ya... i'm 13 yrs old and live in los angeles.... also if there arent any classes i'm more than happy with reading a book or doing a tutporial... there are a lot out there... which are the best for very beginners? [Edited by - thomas8 on August 7, 2005 3:11:10 PM]

Advertisement
Find class?

At least in my public school [some 10 years ago even] programming courses were offered. Not C++, but most schools have some sort of 'independant study' catch-all which was used in my school for C++ learning [and other things of course].

Don't bother with classes. Just buy a book and read it cover to cover. Type out all the examples in the book. This is the best way to learn. You have the advantage of being young so, if you take it seriously you'll have the heads up on alot of people in the years to come.

Quote:
Original post by gosper
Don't bother with classes. Just buy a book and read it cover to cover. Type out all the examples in the book. This is the best way to learn. You have the advantage of being young so, if you take it seriously you'll have the heads up on alot of people in the years to come.

I've found I learn better from classes. Learning styles vary from person to person. I have a hard time learning while just reading straight through a book.

Quote:

This is the best way to learn.

I concur strongly with omnibus.

C++ tends to have a good number of gotchas, unwritten rules, and practices that a teacher can show but a [beginners'] book will not. [imo] It is a language that does not lend itself to book learning.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!