• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Omnibus

In search of a tutorial or book on MFC/VS.NET

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to learn about making MFC applications using Visual Studio.NET to create a level editor. All of the MFC tutorials I find seem to be for VS 6.0. If you know of a book or a link to a tutorial on the subject I would appreciate it.

Advertisement
MFC hasn't changed enough that you wouldn't be able to use the tutorials for MSVC6 to create MFC applications with .NET.

Ok, that's good to know. I was just confused because when creating a new project in .NET it gives me the option of creating a MFC Application, where as the tutorials always tell me to create a Win32 Project.

Well, my copy of MSVC6 also gave me the option for an MFC application, so you would have been equally confused if you had VC6. :)

I know this sounds weird, but in MSVC++, when you create a select a certain type of porject, there's a check box at the bottom left called win32. If you uncheck it, it won't work with windows. (the program)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!