ok, i think im ready

Started by
8 comments, last by Avont29 18 years, 8 months ago
hey, i just got 2 books, the first one is "game programming all in one; 991 pages" and the other is game coding complete, wow, i know this is going to be a hard language to learn, but i think if i put my mind to it, maybe i can learn it, they say C++ is extremely hard, i try to avoid that sentence, the only reason i want to lear C++ is because of its portability, x-box, ps2, gamecube games, all of them are made with C++, and that just inspires me to actaully know the language they use to make grand theft auto 3 , anyway, i'll try my best.
Advertisement
Well uhh, good luck! I think you'll find most people don't care that you've just bought a book so just get down and start reading and excercising your mind!

C++ is a good choice and it isn't too hard, like everything it just takes time and it is more the concepts associated with programming (such as how to approach a problem and what we use to model solutions in a computer environment) that is the hard part but even then if you are willing to take risks and experiment you'll nut them out easily.
What we do in life... Echoes in eternity
ok, thanks for uhhh, supporting me?
Uhhhh, good for you!

<edit> This dude is rating down anyone who replies to this thread. If you care about it, then don't post </edit>

[Edited by - MikeWulf on August 8, 2005 5:52:18 AM]
Maybe you should have put this in "Your Announcements" lol
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
I'm happy for you.

C++ is not very hard, most programmers say so they have more free time when working. They don't want that the boss would hear that you can learn to program with some free time and a couple of books.
As said C++ isn't too hard. You just need to keep at it and not give up.
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Quote:Original post by MikeWulf
Uhhhh, good for you!

<edit> This dude is rating down anyone who replies to this thread. If you care about it, then don't post </edit>

you have to be the only one who replied like a butthead, maybe ....oh, thats right....YOU ARE A BUTTHEAD, no one likes a butt head
Game programming all in one isnt a book i would recommend for an absolute beginner. i had it, and it discusses creating a 2d game engine using direct3d, introducing 3d programming to a beginner. i didnt finish it.
---------Coming soon! Microcosm II.
yea, i know, i learn a few basic stuff in that book last night, i got c++ programming fundamentals and opengl programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement