• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
methulah

SpeedTreeRT integration

This topic is 4849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am considering purchasing a SpeedTreeRT licence. It says on the website that it is very easy to implement into an engine, and I want to work with the DirectX engine that comes with BigWorld. I was wondering if anyone had any experiance using SpeedTreeRT and if anyone could tell me how hard it is to implement this tool into the engine, and maybe even into the world editor. Thanks, Django.

Advertisement
Why not try their 30 day evaluation? It seems like it has all the features of the full version, only limited to 30 days. Seems like a good idea to try it first.

yeah, thats what the good people at devMASTER said. Seems I didn't voice my request well enough. I have the trial, just not the source of the engine I am using. The source costs extra, and I wondering if it is worth it.

Quote:
Original post by methulah
yeah, thats what the good people at devMASTER said. Seems I didn't voice my request well enough. I have the trial, just not the source of the engine I am using. The source costs extra, and I wondering if it is worth it.

To get a feel for SpeedTree, you could always try integrating it into a DX Sample framework app. If you like the results you get, you can go from there [smile]

Integrating SpeedTreeRT with any existing engine is quite trivial and shouldn't take more than a day or two to work into your core engine, and maybe a couple days to work it into your world builder... if that. It is quite a well designed API with plugging into various rendering engines kept in mind.

thanks heaps, I will both try integrating it into a simple DirectX terrain renderer, and thanks Saruman, as I will now proceed (when funds are ready) and get the source of the engine/world builder I plan to use.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!