• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alex32

PE : adding a new section

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, i need to add a section to a PE (Portable executable file format)in order to complete my crypter . I've seen some source code dealing with PEs but i've not got anything able to add a new section into it so far...i'm quite new to C++ and i'm using VC.NET at the present. Please let me know ... kind regards alex

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
// create a pe section
#pragma comment(linker, "/SECTION:.myseg,RWE,512")

// store vars in the section
#pragma data_seg(".myseg")

int int_in_myseg =1;
int another_int_in_myseg =2;

// reset data_seg to normal
#pragma data_seg()

int in_the_standard_data_seg =3;

Thanks Anonymus,

but what i'm looking is to add a new section inside an existing .EXE since my crypter will encypt the existing file...
I've seen Yoda crypter (http://yodap.has.it/) but ver. 1.01 do not work and for the latest releases (which works better) there is no source code...

Are you looking for something like this?

Quote:
This article contains yoda’s protector source from version 1.01 to 1.03. It is first time people can look at its source after six month of appearance on Web. It is based on [6] yoda’s Crypter assembly source by Danilo Bzdok and compression source from [7] UPX library by Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer & László Molnár and [9] aPLib compression library by Joergen Ibsen. Thus, we should appreciate them for helping me to create this tool. I also should be grateful to people for trying and testing it on different Windows versions around the world. I think this article will be a small present to all people who involve and assist to make yoda’s protector.

Thanks Wavarian,

That's exactly the article i read but it contain only the source code of Yoda ver. 1.01 (unfortunately..) I was just looking to get the latest release of that software or something similar so that i could try to modify it...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!