[web] Testing email on localhost

Started by
0 comments, last by lucky_monkey 18 years, 8 months ago
Install a webserver (I'm using IIS) and tie something like PHP to it and you're good to go when developing websites and need to test them locally. How does one go about testing email? I'm running IIS, so have an SMTP server running but naturally all emails the system sends out never get anywhere! Is there such thing as a free IMAP server that I could install so that I could stick in a test email address (benryves@localhost, for example) and pick up the emails from there? My development PC doesn't have an internet connection, so I cannot use my own email address for testing purposes. I'm pretty sure I've tried a variety of "free" email server apps in the past, but I could never work out how to set it up so I could test locally.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement
This looks like it could be what you want.
If that fails, I'm sure that there's probably a Perl mail server module somewhere on CPAN.
If that fails, you could write a simple server that sits on port 25 and lets you communicate with the client (i.e. manually type in responses).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement