My first post.

Started by
6 comments, last by Lonewolf Darkmoon 18 years, 8 months ago
Let me start by saying I have been a member for some time, but had to create a new account today.....For some reason (old age) I seem to have forgotten my old U.N & P.W. I have spent a lot of time reading over the forums and have decieded it was time to post something. I am not a game programmer by any means, that is why I am here, to learn from all of you. So go easy on me, but I do enjoy constructive criticism. This post is mearly to introduce myself, but I do have many questions, so it will not be my last. As I know many others have posted here in the Game Design forum, most of my posts will deal with a MMORPG idea I have had for around 3 years now. I know, "Great another one of those dreamers". Yes it is a dream, but maybe with the right guidence it could become more. But if not, in the very least it will be a learning experiance for me. Now this post is rhetorical, but you can always drop a reply and say hello. So I wish to say Thank you all for creating this site, it is nice to know there is somewhere for us dreamers to come and get help making our dreams come true.
Advertisement
hello fellow lonewolf !
Quote:Yes it is a dream, but maybe with the right guidence it could become more. But if not, in the very least it will be a learning experiance for me...Thank you all for creating this site, it is nice to know there is somewhere for us dreamers to come and get help making our dreams come true.

Nicely put, Lonewolf, and welcome. I wish you the best of luck on your dreams. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Cheers, Mate!
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Welcome, I'm actually currently creating a design document for an MMORPG myself. So far its been a learning experience.

Good luck and see you around.
--Ter'Lenth
Welcome Lonewolf! I also had an account back in 2001, I think the username was my old nickname "Hierophant", but I forgot my password and didn't have access to that e-mail address any more. Plus I've grown tired of that nickname [smile].

I'm often hanging around the design forum to break up the monotonous routine of my weekday, so I'll be happy to hand out any advice to make your dreams become reality. I'm a dreamer too, and with a lot of perserverance I think we can make our dreams become reality. Although I suspect MMORPG ideas are harder than most to realise, at least you haven't given up on your idea in three years!

Best of luck!
Welcome to the forums. Good to see another member excited about learning new things.
Welcome to GDNet, enjoy your eternal stay. [wink]

- Jason Astle-Adams

I thank you all for you welcomes, and the offers for help.....I am sure I will take you up on those. I hope some day soon I will be able to start giving back to this site, and all of you, as much as I have learned just reading through all of your posts.
Again I thank you all, The creators, maintainers, and every one that posts here at GD.net, for the ability to have access to such a wealth of knowledge and your willingness to take the time out to help those of us wanting to learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement