• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Avont29

colorful

This topic is 4851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey, how do you change the background and text color of either dev-cpp or visual c++ 2005, i work more comfortably with differnt colors, thanks -Avont

Advertisement
Dev-C++:
tools->editor options->syntax.

There you can use speed settings (pre-made color options), or create your own.

Well, you go to each keyword type (variable name, number, string, etc.) and use the drop-down box to assign them a certain color. Then you make all of the keyword types have whatever background color you want.

By the way, this is only for dev-C++ 4.9.x, I'm not sure how the old versions did it.

where is that? i don't see it under syntx, im using dev-c++ 4.9.9.2, what about visul C++, how do you change colors for that, and how do you run the code in visual c++ cause i don'tse compile or run anywhere

-Avont

In Visual C++ you use the 'Build' command instead of compile. And to run you use 'Debug'

Here's a screenshot of the dev-C++ menu you were wondering about:

You just make all of the keywords (left menu) have the same background if you want the background to be a solid color.

wait one more thing, lol, i can't get that thing off, everything else is good, but when you type, the little ocean green, thing when you are clicked on a line.

in your screenshot, you see in the editor, behind that editor options menu, a line is highlighted , its blue, how do i change the color of that?

Go to the 'General' tab (same menu) and click the 'Highlight current line button' (at the bottom). You can change the color to whatever you want. Then, whenever you click on a line it changes to that color. I love that feature :)

Or you might just want to get rid of it, in which case you can just un-check it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!