Engine?

Started by
1 comment, last by TwilightAegis 18 years, 8 months ago
Making an engine from scratch is a big job, and me and my company want to avoid that. Most big engines cost tens of thousands of dollars, and that's far out of our budget (being indie). The torque game engine looks really good, but at $100 dollars a seat... we can afford that, but if there's a freeware free-source (only the kind of free source that you can still make propriatary games with) engine that can do the same job, I don't want to waste my money.
Advertisement
Well, you could download the Quake 2 source code, or write a total conversion mod for Half-Life or something like that. But Torque is very highly looked upon (at least, in my experience), and has both an extensive tool base and user base.

The $100 isn't just for the engine, but everything that comes along with it. A full 3d engine with a strong scripting language and good content creation tools -- with strong documentation for everything.

Or atleast, that is what I have heard. I've never used it.
Yeah, Torque looks like a really good engine package thing. We will probably get that, it's just one of my friend's Dad freaked out saying "$100 is a lot of money! You can get engines for free!".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement