about NovodeX SDK

Started by
6 comments, last by ricekrispyw 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I download novodex sdk 2.2 for free, but I can't compile any TrainingPrograms: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "..\..\..\..\..\..\SDKs\Foundation\lib\win32\release\NxFoundation.lib" Yes ,there isn't a file named NxFoundation.lib . so, What can I do?
Advertisement
you sure the file is missing? If you haven't, I'd do a search on the whole drive. It it is there, it's probably that you omitted to signal the linker where to get the novodsex library files. in VC6, it's in the options, under directories. You probably have to had the novodex lib path there.

Everything is better with Metal.

Quote:Original post by oliii
you sure the file is missing? If you haven't, I'd do a search on the whole drive. It it is there, it's probably that you omitted to signal the linker where to get the novodsex library files. in VC6, it's in the options, under directories. You probably have to had the novodex lib path there.

Yes, I'm sure the file is missing, I have searched the whole C: driver, and what can I find is only "NxFoundation.h" and "NxFoundationSDK.h", even if I reinstall the SDK. I guess the lib file "NxFoundation.lib" was not involved in SDK pack.
I have novodexSDK too, and i did search on SDK dir and there is no such file.
However, examples compile fine to me,
what example is throwing this error?
Quote:Original post by Jnz86
I have novodexSDK too, and i did search on SDK dir and there is no such file.
However, examples compile fine to me,
what example is throwing this error?

I just try to compile the "TrainingPrograms", which is downloaded from NovodeX too, I haven't try the "Samples" that is coming with SDK because they are in VC7.

It is Lesson101 in "TrainingPrograms".
Thanks!
Well, I tried and it compiles fine to me. Maybe you should try to redownload the SDK.
By the way, which compiler you are using?
Quote:Original post by Jnz86
Well, I tried and it compiles fine to me. Maybe you should try to redownload the SDK.
By the way, which compiler you are using?

OK, I have tried compile the samples coming with SDK using vc7, it works fine.
and these samples just provide vc7 project.
the TrainingPrograms have vc6,vc7,vc7.1 project, I can't compile the vc6 project using vc6. but after I create a new project in vc6 and insert the cpp file from TrainingPrograms ,and then modify some options, It's OK now.
Thanks.
It's because the NxFoundation library has been merged with the NxPhysics library. Just remove the NxFoundation.lib file from the project, and you should be good to roll. I beleive that's all it took for me.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement