• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DesignerX

C++ standard libraries

This topic is 4852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does the C++ standard libraries comes with the visual c++ 2005 beta 2 ??? If not, where can I get it (is it for free ???)

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
It should be included in the IDE.
But you can get a free STL implementation from www.stlport.org

I tried copying the include and liberaries files from the previous visual c++ (version 6) but when I compiled my project I got many errors about those libraries....

Is there a newer version for the visual c++ 2005 beta 2 ???

P.S.

Upgrading to c++ 2005 beta 2 is frustrating !!!

Quote:
Original post by DesignerX
I tried copying the include and liberaries files from the previous visual c++ (version 6) but when I compiled my project I got many errors about those libraries....

That is no surprise, VC++ 6.0 has poor standard compliance therefore its implementation of the standard library has issues. VC++ 2k5 express beta already comes with an imp of the standard library and its millions times better than VC++ 6.0.

Note that some of the header names have likely changed between the two versions, and that might be the source of the problems. Without seeing any errors, it's hard to tell.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!