• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Red

Multiple Objects Rendering Strange Problem...

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys... Setting up a DX7 Engine... I am facing a strange 'behaviour' from VCards, both nVidia and ATI... I am checking about States Changes Performances btw the drawing of multiple objects... I got an Object of about 2500 Vertices, it's Rendered by 3 Textures... It is already in a VB, and basically, apart Texture Changes there are NO State Changes of the Renderer... Well, I draw one object, I got about 30 uSeconds of rendering time, I draw another copy of the same object, same VB, same Features, just next to the 1st, time rises from 30 uSec to about 38 uSec for the whole rendering...nice... Texture overhead time... I add a 3rd copy of the same Object, same VB, Same Features just next to the 2nd... Time rises to 500uSeconds...!!! Then adding more time just rises a little... I though about Texture changes, the ONLY STATE CHANGE that was applied during rendering, then I made the object of just one Texture, so basically, the engine changes texture just the 1st time, then does nothing anymore, apart draw calls... I disabled Textures too... I have checked...and it's the 3rd Object whose rendering time rises dramatically... Always same behaviour... at 3rd Object timing rises dramatically... I have checked the Engine code, everything seems really fine... Does any1 has any Idea...? tnx [R]ed

Advertisement
Ok... I have checked better...
This strange feature seems to happen when the total rendered vertices number seems to cross over a quantity of about 6000 verticesor, about 200KByte of Memory... The object 'crossing' such numebr of rendered vertices is drawn about 10 times slower ...
Does any1 can tell me if there is any reason for this...?

tnx

[R]ed

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!