Boost Compile

Started by
0 comments, last by Fruny 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi just trying to compile the boost libs with vs 8 and im getting the error that vc.exe cannot find mspdb80.dll need to install it etc does anyone know whats going on here? i have succesfully compile bjam from source and set up the environment vars using VCVARS32.BAT. is his anything to do with the fact that vs 8 is not supported??
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Preacher
does anyone know whats going on here? i have succesfully compile bjam from source and set up the environment vars using VCVARS32.BAT.

is his anything to do with the fact that vs 8 is not supported??

Yes. I have. It is most likely due to VS8 still being in beta rather than a problem with Boost -- or it could be that they don't detect VS8 paths correctly yet (1.33 might). Check that the DLL is on your system, check that VSVARS32 did set the path properly. You can also check out the bjam script options to add the path to the missed library to that being used to build boost.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement