Call of Duty - Any multiplayer tips guys?

Started by
14 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 6 months ago
Here's another thing that I do that's stupid : I over-reload. Some weapons take quite a while to reload, and if you are using a close-in weapon, then chances are you can't see who else is nearby, so if you kill one dude, and aren't completely out of ammo, don't instantly reload like I do.

I have been killed more from reloading at the wrong time compared to running out of bullets at the wrong time... ;)
Advertisement
Thanks guys, these tips actually helped. I'm starting to correct my behaviour in CoD - though I'm still not doing blazingly well like the people around here whom are in clans and such - the last game I played I managed to last 10 minutes with 4 kills and no deaths. It's the no deaths thing that I'm particularly pleased about [smile]. Not my best game ever granted, but the first where I survived without dying once.

As long as I'm improving, I don't mind loosing so much! [grin]
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
i used to suck extremely much in this game but now i mostly get positive scores when i play

I mainly use thompson or mp44. The best combination you can get must be kar98 and thompson. If you are playing s&d then don't storm!

Carentan allied: Take the flanks right side is best if you have a rifle. Left side is good for bar and thompson. Mostly it's not good to take the middlehouse

Carentan axis: I use to take the middlehouse or storm the left side(left as from axis spawn, bombsite B).

i almost never use the aim-down-the-sight feature. only when sniping. Don't ever, EVER try to aim down the sight when you are in close combat or using thompson

well good luck at least..
As with any FPS (except the crap that was Doom 3) aim for the head. [wink] That could mean aim for the body and let the recoil bring you to the head or aiming specificaly for the head with single shot weapons. It's been forever since I've played CoD but get good with the Kar 98K, that is my favorite weapon in pretty much any WW2 FPS. As already mentioned the majority of public server players don't use sound nearly enough, walk often when you think an enemy is nearby and make sure you listen for others. A good set of headphones can make a world of difference.

Some other advice is don't rush. If you follow most other people on a public server you will notice the predictable pattern of rush to choke point and shoot at each other until one side is dead. It is important to avoid these type of conflicts unless you are very comfortable with your team and your team actualy works together which is practicly impossible outside of a clan match (and even in SOME clan matches). Also don't stop moving, the more you stand still the easier target you are. If you play a sniper roll make sure you displace after gettign a few kills from a particular point. If you stay in one spot to long they will track you down and that spot will be useless for the rest of the map.
Hi all,

I know this is an old topic but being bottom of the scoreboard still sucks!

We have set up a site to share good advice on the game and are publishing an e-book next week.

This isn't a pro advice book, just aimed at never being the worst at the game.

We've already got a zombies guide up, hope you can join us.

www.101tips.biz
Please don't necro old threads. Closing.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement