• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ignifex

Listbox question

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a question about keyinput with a listbox. When the user presses a key while busy with a listbox, the listbox selection automatically jumps to the first item starting with the character of the pressed key. I want to disable that. I am using Visual C++ without MFC. I already know of the WM_CHARTOITEM and WM_VKEYTOITEM messages and I have selected the "Want key imput flag" for my listbox. But when returning the notifications with -2, it only jumps to the "next" item that starts with the character. Not really any big help... So is there any way to entirely disable this or do I need to keep track of the slections and reset it everytime the user presses a key? If it's important, I use extended selection. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Does no replies either mean my question is not clear, not many people are interested in controlhandling or is there just no way of doing this?
It would help if someone simply said he didn't know of a way to do it...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!