• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
maximAL

Clanlib - compiling with mingw

This topic is 4844 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i followed this this tutorial, but when i came to make, i got this error:
Quote:
make cd . && \ /bin/sh /d/Programme/Dev-Cpp/_ClanLib-0.7.8-1/missing --run automake-1.7 --foreign Makefile Can't locate object method "path" via package "Autom4te::Request" (perhaps you forgot to load "Autom4te::Request"?) at /usr/bin/autom4te line 81. configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used automake-1.7: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an automake-1.7: old Automake version. You should recreate aclocal.m4 automake-1.7: with aclocal and run automake again.
i already did a clean re-install of all the msys/mingw stuff, but still... maybe someone can at least point me to where the problem is [oh] thanks in advance

Advertisement
oh well, i got rid of this by entering "rm -r autom4te.cache/".
no idea what it does, though.
now make gives me plenty of errors in the core_iostream.cpp....
holy hell, after two days of desperatly trying to simply compile it, i'm close to give up [crying]
it can't really be that diffucult, can it?

You could try the clanlib mailing list. Not sure they would help either because most clanlib windows people use Microsoft. Too bad, really. Otherwise study automake and chase down the errors given. I use clanlib with fedora core3 and it compiles fine, but I had to install it with prefix="/usr".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!