• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nyte_Falcon

Batch Scripting

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have multiple questions that i am really searching for an answer to. First i know that it is possible to output one command output to a text file using the ">" command but is it possible to export 2 command outputs to one text file.? also i am trying to save things to var names but it will not let me am i doing somthing wrong? @set Start=%TIME% @Echo Started At %Start% > C:\Bandwidth_test\%Start%.txt my last question is that i am loading a website in the corse of my batch script and i was wondering if there was a way to have it automaticly shut down once the file has been downloaded. i am greatful for your help thank you

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Nyte_Falcon
i have multiple questions that i am really searching for an answer to. First i know that it is possible to output one command output to a text file using the ">" command but is it possible to export 2 command outputs to one text file.?

IIRC, >> will append to an output file rather than overwriting it; you can then run the commands in sequence with the same file.

Quote:
also i am trying to save things to var names but it will not let me am i doing somthing wrong?
@set Start=%TIME%
@Echo Started At %Start% > C:\Bandwidth_test\%Start%.txt

The output of TIME contains a time formatted for human reading - thus it contains colons (':'). This character is not allowed in file names. :)

Quote:
my last question is that i am loading a website in the corse of my batch script and i was wondering if there was a way to have it automaticly shut down once the file has been downloaded.

What, shut down the browser instance? AFAIK, the script will block until you do it manually. Consider using a command-line program to grab the website data instead (unless you intend to display it graphically and then hide it as soon as it's finished loading O_O). On unix systems, the canonical tool for this is "wget"; there should be something similar available for Windows.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!