XML parser?

Started by
8 comments, last by Generic Guest 18 years, 8 months ago
please give any links to a free XML parser library
Advertisement
TinyXML, Expat, libxml2.
SiCrane , thanx a lot
I heartily recommend TinyXML. Very small, very easy to work with.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Quote:Original post by ricekrispyw

You should use it in cases, where performance doesn't matter. It's ~2 times slower than libxml2
Quote:Original post by Generic Guest
Quote:Original post by ricekrispyw

You should use it in cases, where performance doesn't matter.
Funny, the same thing can be said about the XML format itself. So I wouldn't worry about it, at least not for any formats of your own design (and you rarely have to deal with foreign XML formats in game development).
TinyXML is the only XML parser I've tried that I didn't feel forced to wrap up before using.
Quote:Original post by doynax
Funny, the same thing can be said about the XML format itself. So I wouldn't worry about it, at least not for any formats of your own design (and you rarely have to deal with foreign XML formats in game development).

There are many cases when you don't want to invent your own format, or you have to use some foreign format. Then, performance makes sense.
Sorry to be nitpicky, but what cases would that be?

I kinda liked the xml format when I first saw it, but I havn't found one single case that needed it. Maybe you can enlighten me/us?
In case you were wondering what to put in your next christian game; don't ask me, because I'm an atheist, an infidel, and all in all an antitheist. If that doesn't bother you, visit my site that has all kinds of small utilities and widgets.
Quote:Original post by pnroach

please give any links to a free XML parser library

I've been using Xerces. It appears to be fairly robust.
Quote:Original post by Joakim_ar
I kinda liked the xml format when I first saw it, but I havn't found one single case that needed it. Maybe you can enlighten me/us?

I myself work with business-process definition languages, all of them are based on xml =) Also most hand-constructed network protocols involving http server use xml.

Cal3d has both binary and xml representation. Ogre3d has binary and xml representation.

OpenOffice.org uses xml only.

Look at oasis-open.com =)

This list is only what came to head in the first time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement