Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheNobleOne

Dev-C++ and Static Linked Lib problem

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Ok I am creating a graphics engine and I want to distribute by Static Linked Libs and I am using Dev-C++ as my ide. My engine uses SDL internally for window management. So I decided I want to test it as a static linked library. I developed the window manager portion of the engine using a windows win32 project for easy testing and it works. Now when I put the window manager header and the cpp that acompanies it into the static lib and lnk up sdl to it and such to compile it compiles. But when I go to test it in another app i link up the sdl libs and my static lib and it just blows chunks and will not compile. what is going on :S could it be mingw that is not likeing things or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!