A wee bit help?

Started by
6 comments, last by JinJo 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi all. I have wasted quite a bit of time but I have decided I want to enter the contest. Now I might be spoiling a lot here but I am seriously stuck. I've decided to do an RTS (so far anyway lol) as it was an easy way to include all 4 elements. Now I was coming to unit types in each of the armies, I have the undead taken care of, robots seem easy enough to think up but I'm lost with ninjas and pirates. I can only think of ninja and pirate as unit types lol, where as i have zobie, skeleton mummy etc for the undead army. I was thinking of 8 different units for each army all with strengths and weaknesses to add more to the gameplay but I can't think what to have, I mean the pirates could have a ship as a unit, and the captain as the main unit. what about ninja? what would they have? If anyone could post any ideas for unit types please do so as long as your ok with me using them. It would also be good if you could reference thier strength (wrong word) as in, a pirate might be the crappest infantry unit etc and the captain bein the hardest. Cheers.
Advertisement
What about instead of having ninjas and pirates as their own side, have them be units on one side.

Like this:

Undead Army (zombie as a unit)
Machine Army (robots as some of the units)
Human Army (pirates are one of your sea units, and ninjas are a special land unit)

Then you would just need to figure out the rest of the units for the 3 sides to even out the gameplay, but all 4 elements are covered and not just forced into the game.
I suppose I could try and get the game playable with just undead and robots. Just having the other 2 I thought would give the player more choice and have better campain options. However it is a bit ambitious.

Maye just having those 2 elements would allow for a more detailed campain with a better atmosphere. As in the setting could be more defined instead of having 4 different looks for the levels.

Cheers all. If any other suggestions come into your head, please post.
Here ya go. Now all you have to do it code it [lol]
Umm....Why is there code in that design document?
Quote:Original post by nes8bit
Umm....Why is there code in that design document?

Why not? My design documents tend to have plenty of formulas, pseudocoded algorithms, and even some completed (but unoptimised) functions if I've prototyped something.

Sometimes it's just easier to describe a part of the design that way, and it can save you a lot of time later if you've already got things like that in the design.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I guess its just me then. I like to keep design as far away from programming as possible. To me design and programming are two different worlds. And to have them combined as one seems strange to me. But again...thats just me.
thanks mushu lol but i have now moved the design onto a 3rd person style game. its more of a story oriented adventure now.

i'm never gonna be able to finish this at all lol. oh well, least i started my compiler for the first time in 4 months.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement