Different kind of begginer

Started by
19 comments, last by Billr17 18 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by GameDork
Anonymous poster is correct, I strongly reccomend double checking your processor situation. If it's not securely installed the computer will do what you're describing.

Well that's more then alittle unnerving. What's your suggestion for doing that? I have the heatsink installed on there, and it'll be a nightmare to get off, especially now that everything is installed on the mobo.

Is there a service or something I can go to who will have a look at my PC and possibly diagnose this?

-IV

-IVHumble Student

Advertisement
Try to take another PCI graphics card from your old computer and put it in the slot.

Anonymous poster is correct, I strongly reccomend double checking your processor situation. If it's not securely installed the computer will do what you're describing.

Surely the motherboard would be going a bit crazy making beeping noises if the processor wasn't installed correctly? Never the less i suppose it should be checked.
I've already ready slammed the plastic world through the loop to the girl in the fire. If you don't hold your colour, the sounds of life will beckon you to the terminal, by which time, you'll definately be out there.
Ok, if you bought the Motherboard brand new and sealed then you should be seeing a BIOS. If you had a BIOS then it would go through a check (on screen, you would see a DOS type black screen like a full screen console with text saying if each check was successful or not), and it WOULD stop when checking for an OS. So, apparently, yes there is a problem. Where did you buy the Motherboard?
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Quote:Original post by jystic
Try to take another PCI graphics card from your old computer and put it in the slot.

Surely the motherboard would be going a bit crazy making beeping noises if the processor wasn't installed correctly? Never the less i suppose it should be checked.

Yeah, no beeps, so I think the processors safe.

-IV

-IVHumble Student

When I built my computer, I had the same problem, and it turns out that I had my RAM in the wrong slots. I had the RAM sticks in black and blue slots instead of being inside slots of the same color. Sorry if that didn't make sense, but that's what was wrong with mine.
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
wasn't logged in before.

at this point I would remove all add in cards except the video card & disconnect all drives. See if that boots.

If it does, start connecting things one at a time and verify that it still boots
( power off when connecting though ;) )
[edit]I had a stupid question so nevermind [/edit]
the computer won't beep for anything if you don't have the onboard sound cable hooked up to the correct place on the motherboard.

So wait, the beeps should be eminating from where?

-IV

-IVHumble Student

That little speaker in your case.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement