• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dbzprogrammer

Game Engine Design

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently working on a small contest. I am currently in the process of designing and basic coding of my engine. Below I have an image of my current design. I would like to implement BSP trees, but I'm not sure how to do that. There are lines telling you what class uses what class. If there is an arrow, whatever the arrow is pointing to inherits the class on the other end... EDIT: I don't think I really put in enough detail on how it works. You can see mainly everything goes into render. Mainly because render is the end function on the game cycle. Everything happens before it does. Everytime you call a round, it does everything else before it renders the scene. The Map class enables you to directly link and input function to an action in another class. Basically you map a keypress with a move_forward() function from a mesh object... Also the Camera is built into the object class. You flip a switch and that's where the viewport is... Basically what I'm looking for is any comments/opinions/better ideas. Also any advice/links/tutorials on how to implement BSP trees into a game would be good. Another plus would be how to do scene culling with BSP. [Edited by - dbzprogrammer on August 9, 2005 11:12:42 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!