• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SpreeTree

#pragma warning (...) on linker warnings

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

According to the MSDN docs, it is safe to ignore a LNK4006 error when rebuilding the C run-time library, which I am doing. Unfortunatly, I get a lot of them, and I don't want to see them. I have used the #pragma warning code to remove compile warnings that are not important to me, but I'm unsure how (or if) you can do the same for linker errors. Does anyone know? Thanks Spree

Advertisement
Check in the Project Settings dialog, there should be an "ignore warnings" field somewhere in there.

Unfortunalty that will stop all warnings being displayed, which I don't want. I am only interested in a specifc warning being ignored.

Spree

Visual C++ version 7.1 and above (possibly 7.0 as well) allows you to disable indivisual warnings for a project. You can do this through Project Properties -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Specific Warnings. I've never tried this for linker warnings so it may not work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!