• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jinx3d1

quick question...

This topic is 4845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Blah. Im having trouble linking to glfw.dll. Ive been going over the read me for the last hour and have done everything it says to do. Im currently using code::blocks and visual studio toolkit 2003. Any ideas as to what I maybe doing wrong? Sorry to keep posting threads that aren't very usefull to anyone else... It just seems like I keep running straight into a wall every 5 seconds :( Thnx. ~Jay

Advertisement
wow, thanks for all the help ;) ok, so ive tried building the glfw dll (win32) and although it gave me the dll, there was no .lib which is needed to link to the dll correct? This is really starting to annoy me here. please, can some one give me a hand here?

There should be two static libraries built during the GLFW build process. One is a stub library for the DLL, the other is a static library (i.e., if you link it you don't need the DLL).

Are you sure the build completes successfully?

well, thats the problem. The dll compiled ok, but it did not give me a static lib.
I can't figure out why. I tried building just a static lib, but when I tried using in my project, it said there was a bunch of undeclared functions glfw was trying to call. Anyway, I guess Ill just have to keep trying. Thanks for your input.

god, that was strange. I just tried using then lib I already had built and voilet. It didn't work yesterday...strange. well, now I have to figure out why my app crashed ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!