little help? .xm music quandry

Started by
7 comments, last by taxirecs 18 years, 8 months ago
I'm looking for a little help creating .xm music files. I've demo'd music in Reason and recreated them in PlayerPro, but the exported .xm files either don't play or sound like total poo. Any help or guidance is appreciated. FYI, I'm using OS X and there are few other options for mods than PlayerPro. Thanks, Clarence Fraher Taxi Recordings
Advertisement
Do they HAVE to be .xm or will .it do? If an .it music file will do you might want to check out Schism Tracker it imports .xm files but I think it only exports to .it . Both formats will play with the SDL_Mixer library.
Sorry, forgot to log in. That last post was from me. And here's the link to Schism Tracker.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm PC based, not Mac: are you saying that you exported songs from Reason and ended up with XM using the Player Pro?

Or you sketched your ideas in reason, and then wrote your XMs in PlayerPro?
Is playerpro some kind of all-format player, or a tracker, or what?
Gotta be .xm.

I'm sorry I didn't say that clearly. I've demo'd the songs in Reason, but then had to recreate them in another program in order to get the .xm format.

I wish it were as easy as exporting from Reason.

PlayerPro is a tracker. I'm familiar w/ Schizm from googling alternative programs. It's just a player, not an editor, per se.

So, you are writing your songs in PlayerPro, and it has an option to export as XM, but your XMs are not sounding good?
Could you provide links to some of your files?
PlayerPro may not handle XMs very well:/ But perhaps there are some simple fixes that can be made. I will take a look into the file and offer advice, if you like.
What I'd like is to hand off my Reason files to someone to recreate in .xm format.
I've got 4 or 5 short loops and need it before Friday.

It would take a skilled tracker no time to reproduce my tunes.
I just don't have the time to scale the learning curve right now.

If you're interested I'll send you a link to a tune to hear.

--Clarence Fraher
I can take a look, my email is in my profile, but I'm too busy to do it without a fee:P

I sent you a link to some files.

Let me know if you're interested still.

Thanks

Clarence

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement