New Strategy Game in the Works

Started by
12 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone, I posted in the Help Wanted section about this project a few weeks ago and now have a Gallery, Forums, and other information up about it on my website. I'm creating a turn-based strategy game similar to what you find on console systems (Advance Wars, etc.) The 'game' is in it's infancy but is moving along nicely. I have a basic map, unit, and scripting engine in place and am adding more features every day. Hopefully I can begin level design shortly (the map looks very bare since I'm working on the engine, not graphics.) Feedback is appreciated. Keep in mind this is VERY early in the development cycle. LINK TO GALLERY POST Thanks, Todd Barron [Edited by - LostLogic on May 5, 2006 9:25:05 PM]

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
That looks all great.
Looks very good already! In one of the screenshots you're highlighting tiles you can't move to ... that seems unnecessary.

I'm curious, what's your team size and structure?
There aren't enough of these types of games available. Good looks. It looks very good so far.
Quote:Original post by captainmikey
Looks very good already! In one of the screenshots you're highlighting tiles you can't move to ... that seems unnecessary.

I'm curious, what's your team size and structure?

Team size = 2

I'm doing the interface, tile, and unit graphics (and of course the programming.) I've hired another artist to do the characters and background (for combat) graphics.

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

From your gallery..it doesn't look like FFT, it looks more like Advance Wars! A very good mimic of it at that..
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Quote:Original post by orcfan32
From your gallery..it doesn't look like FFT, it looks more like Advance Wars! A very good mimic of it at that..

Right, it does look more like Advance Wars at this stage. I will be adding some unique features to it soon to set it apart.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments so far. :)

Updated screen-shots posted to the website at http://www.lostlogic.com.

Recent features implemented:
1. Scripted animation and dialog system
2. Mini-map (display, scrolling, selection)
3. Multi-unit combat
4. Factory production queues (can build units now)

Latest screen-shot:

Looks really nice. It puts my TBS game to shame[sad]. Anyways, keep it up.
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
Updated as of 5-5-2006 (yeah, been busy with real life work):

Recent features implemented:
1. First cut of AI working (AI builds units, takes over cities, attacks)
2. Game victory logic implemented (knows when you win)
3. Game over logic implemented (knows when you lose)
4. Game stats implemented (# units built, killed, etc.)
5. FX system updated
6. Misc stuff

The screenshots in the first post were updated to reflect the latest.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement