• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jaemcsd

[.net] Where is DirectX C# Wizard?

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A few of the tutorials I have been looking at say don’t use the DirectX C# wizard for the tutorial, but I can’t seem to find where that is located. I would think it would be where you select the project type, but it is not there for me. I have VS2003 and the newest SDK (had june now have aug.), is it only in older versions of the SDK or am I missing something. Is there a way I can add it, or is it a just waste of time to use it anyway? Thanks

Advertisement

In the older SDKs there used to be a wizard app that would create a base application for a DirectX system. This was removed about 5 maybe 6 releases ago (2 month releases). You will need to use the emptyproject example from the samples directory under direct3d. If you are using .Net framework 2.0 I have created a basic template application which will do the same thing as the older wizard on Inner Realm.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!