[.net] Where is DirectX C# Wizard?

Started by
1 comment, last by Mykre 18 years, 8 months ago
A few of the tutorials I have been looking at say don’t use the DirectX C# wizard for the tutorial, but I can’t seem to find where that is located. I would think it would be where you select the project type, but it is not there for me. I have VS2003 and the newest SDK (had june now have aug.), is it only in older versions of the SDK or am I missing something. Is there a way I can add it, or is it a just waste of time to use it anyway? Thanks
Advertisement
If they are talking about the Sample Framework (the only thing I can imagine would be called the "wizard"), then it's under the MDX samples.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

In the older SDKs there used to be a wizard app that would create a base application for a DirectX system. This was removed about 5 maybe 6 releases ago (2 month releases). You will need to use the emptyproject example from the samples directory under direct3d. If you are using .Net framework 2.0 I have created a basic template application which will do the same thing as the older wizard on Inner Realm.
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement