• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stompy9999

Invasion demo now out

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been working on this game for awhile now and finally have a working demo of it. Invasion is a Turn based strategy game that I am making with C++ and SDL. The game is still in a very early state, but the core gameplay has been fleshed out in this demo. Here is a link to the game's Zip file: Invasion demo Here are some screenshots from the game: Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3 Please read the readme file first to learn how to play. Any feedback on the game is appreciated.

Advertisement
Played it for a short while. Good game idea, imho. Only the graphics need somewhat more attention.
And i could not help notice that this program uses almost all my CPU power (AMD64 3200+). Somewhat strange.

Thanks for the feedback.

The CPU usage issue is something I've been dealing with since I started with SDL. I'm fairly new to it(switched over from Allegro), and all of my SDL games seem to have this problem.

Game will not run for me.

When launched the window breifly opens and closes.

me: XP sp2, AMD 1700+, GeforceFX 5600

THe contents of the file stderr.txt are:

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Quote:
Original post by HAM

That's odd. The best reason I can think of is that it failed to load one of the scripts.

Quote:
Original post by Stompy9999
Quote:
Original post by HAM

That's odd. The best reason I can think of is that it failed to load one of the scripts.

This is not the first time I encounter the same problem with SDL (HAM Please try the program in this post and tell me the results)and not only me does linky - for recent post . My own project also caught this problem on one system. I don't know what it is causing , but some actions should be taken to find the problem.

I can only predict that it is somehow related to the accesing array.

P.S. one easy but not correct solution would be to turn Compatibility mode with Win98 , it resolved my problem.

Also The configurations that encountered errors in different posts were:
Quote:

1: - Drakula
P4 3.2Ghz
GeForce FX 5700
1GB RAM
Intel 875 mother
250GB HDD

2:CTar
AMD Athlon64 3200+
nVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB
2x512MB DDR400

3:HAM
XP sp2, AMD 1700+, GeforceFX 5600

[Edited by - DMINATOR on August 11, 2005 2:21:20 PM]

It is indeed strange. I was getting an unusual segfault earlier on in development but I fixed it on my system. I don't think this is the same thing I was getting though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!