Mistlands - New screenshoots

Started by
19 comments, last by Optus 18 years, 8 months ago
Mistlands is a open source online rpg we are coding on in our free time. Here are some screenshoots that shows you what the latest build looks like. To try it you can download the latest snapshot from out website. The world in this screenshoots are not part of the snapshots but if you see one of our servers online you can always connect to it. Feel free to tell us what you think about it even if its only in alpha state so far :). Here are two images that also display some in game information about the rendering. [Edited by - DUDVim on August 11, 2005 6:26:42 AM]

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

Advertisement
Your graphics are amazingly good for the kind of game your hitting up. You just need to make the GUI and HUD way better. They both look like windows 95...
We should do this the Microsoft way: "WAHOOOO!!! IT COMPILES! SHIP IT!"
I've been following the development of mistlands for some time now. Its great to see how far it has come, keep up the good work!
Very impressive.

For some reason I'm especially impressed at the shots where the character's avatar is actually sitting -in- things. Like the wagon. It adds an extra dimension of realism, as if the character isn't so static.

Bravo, and good luck on the remainder! :D

Cheers,
Julian
Way to go and thanks for the motivation!

We need more threads like these.
I agree wholeheartedly. No more negativity and flame wars.

This is much more awesome. :)
hello, i noticed that vim didt post any screenshots with shaders.

theese shots use glslshaders for lighting,specmaps and smoother shadows, the bottom one also has a bloom shader (every one loves bloom right?)

Veeeeeeery sweet.
Although my only comment is that the bloom factor on the lower image seems too high, and it comes off as being more of a mist. But if you've done your shader right, that's just a tweakable parameter relating to your blur passes.

Still, awesome job!
sure, i agree, the bloom shader is work in progress ....so is everything else ;-)

What kind of lighting are you using(or planned)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement