How Can I Start DirectX 9.0 In VB.NET ?!!

Started by
4 comments, last by andor 18 years, 8 months ago
How Can I Start DirectX 9.0 In VB.NET ?!! I've just DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004) what are the other requirments ? and thanks.
Advertisement
Try this example Linky Not 100% sure thats what you want, but its your friend, as is google:P
Thanks '_Sigma' for that very simple file
but I've more and more examples for all levels

The problem is that DirectX Lib doesn't appear to me in the references window
that's mean the following classes still hide:

Microsoft.DirectXMicrosoft.DirectX.Direct3DMicrosoft.DirectX.Direct3DX

and then I can't run any applications

I think there're more instructions needed

I need your help

thanks
please everybody don't ignore the bigenners for the first try
just give us the chance
for that very simple and basic question

thanks
Looking at you above posts, you are using the Microsoft DirectX sdk(2004) system, from memory there was an error in that sdk when it linked into the VS 2003 IDE and the managed Classes did not regester correctly. To fix it you had to register it manually.
My suggestion would be to Download the latest SDK from MS, as this system works fine. Also as there have been heaps of changes in the Libs since the 2004 release.
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
All you have to do to get it working is the following:

Go to Project -> Add Reference, and then find the parts of directx that you want to use and put them into your project. Be carefull if you have multiple versions of the sdk installed, to pick only the particular version that you want to use.

Then for convience's sake, you might want to add the following 3 imports to your source files:
Imports Microsoft.DirectX
Imports Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
Imports Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.D3DX

I'm not positive on this, but you might need the regular directx 9.0c sdk (not one of the later updates) but don't take my word on that. But, if you are just starting out on your project, you might want to download the August sdk, might as well use the absolute newest version.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement