nehe for direct x

Started by
5 comments, last by Sko44 18 years, 8 months ago
alot of people know the nehe website for opengl tuts well is there a nehe for direct x (figure of speech) is there a site like nehe for direct x? to start out with. and is it possible to program direct x with dev c++?
Advertisement
I thought that nexe.gamedev.net was the equivalent, but its been a while since I through that site. I remember it not being that exciting...
Quote:Original post by superdeveloper
I remember it not being that exciting...

Perhaps you should add some "exciting" content, then. It is an open wiki, after all...
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
A number of tutorial sites are listed in the Forum FAQ.
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
Quote:Original post by C plus noob
alot of people know the nehe website for opengl tuts well is there a nehe for direct x (figure of speech) is there a site like nehe for direct x? to start out with. and is it possible to program direct x with dev c++?

There are tons of sites that offer DirectX tutorials. Assuming you use c++, Drunken Hyena's site (click the colorful sig in his post) is great for getting started. He also has tutorials for c# and managed code. Those tutorials really got me started.

Yes you can use DirectX with dev C++. IIRC, thgere maty be an extra lib or something though. I'm sure someone else can help you out here...
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Quote:Original post by circlesoft
Perhaps you should add some "exciting" content, then. It is an open wiki, after all...

You are probably right, I am getting more comfortable with DX. I have been using it for a while, but I feel like I have nothing to show for it...
Have you tried www.codesampler.com.
They have tutorials in both directx and opengl where you can see the different approach to the approximately same visuals in both API's.

2 cents

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement