• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bzroom

Possible to capture shelled application as mdi child?

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to shell an application and have it contained inside your application? Preferably not as an mdi but as a usercontrol. Also is there anyway to find out if an exe has any kind of command like arguments that it could be passed. I'm working on a program that executes alot of other programs and I want it to go deeper. Thank you.

Advertisement
1. Yes; but it takes lots of work.
2. Yes; /h or /? or -h or --help
3. Yes; I'm a smartass.

I suggest google, followed by MSDN, to answer the first question.

I've google the shit out of... google but no luck. I think it can be done with some application like microsoft word n stuff like that has a program object that you can use like a user control in your application. Have you actualy seen a program that could just shell an arbitrary application physicaly inside itself?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!