visual c++ 6.0

Started by
12 comments, last by Archetype-Lone 18 years, 8 months ago
hey, is there somewhere you can get a visual c++ 6.0 trial?
Advertisement
no
but for the opengl tutorials and stuff, they use visual c++ code
C++ is C++. Converting between different compilers and IDEs should not be a problem if you are staying on the same platform.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
There is a beta version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition that I highly recommend. It also is a free download, and should be perfectly compatible with the code in your tutorials (as should skittleo's links).
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
i already have that visual c++ 2005, but its so complex and confusing, i can't even get a new project open, and put in some code and run it
Eh, it's not that bad. All things new seem complex and confusing when you are not used to them.

What problems did you have with VC++ 2005 Beta? Did you properly setup the platform SDK?
VC2005 is one of the most intuitive and user-friendly IDEs out there -- more so than VC6.0, certainly. I recommend you read Microsoft's documentation for it -- they have excellent tutorials on building simple projects and such at the MSDN website.
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
Quote:Original post by skittleo
Eh, it's not that bad. All things new seem complex and confusing when you are not used to them.

What problems did you have with VC++ 2005 Beta? Did you properly setup the platform SDK?

how do i set up the platform sdk, also
what do you do in visual studio 2005 command prompt
I put a link in the last post, but so you have it again, here it is.

Setting up the Platform SDK with Visual C++ 2005 Beta

In response to your second question:

Err, did you try using the IDE first? You could use the command line to build from the console, but I don't recommend it unless you are trying to write build scripts or something along those lines.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement