HDR cubemaps from HDR 'cross' images

Started by
6 comments, last by xsirxx 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi there Do you know of any free software to make HDR cubemaps from your images in the cross format? I was using ATI’s CubeMapGen which does that, however my graphics card only supports HDR images and not HDR cubemaps so CubeMapGen crashes, not providing a way to change to a Reference mode. Thanks
Advertisement
Could you go into the DirectX control panel and force your system to use REF?
Quote:however my graphics card only supports HDR images and not HDR cubemaps

Huh? What card does that?!
Thanks!

You can't force reference but I checked 'Enumerate reference'. Then I tried F2 again and it let me change the device! I can do whatever with CubeMapGen now (just unforgivably slowly)

I'm sure I tried F2 before but it must be my mistake. Sorry!
Quote:Original post by Cypher19

NV GeForce FX 5200.

I just checked again for you - for normal textures it has the 16 and 32 bit formats but in cube texture formats it just had the HDR formats G16R16F and R32F. Those aren't really of any use to me as I'm only trying to do blooming on my environment cubemap and HDR reflection.
Quote:Original post by DrGUI
Quote:Original post by Cypher19

NV GeForce FX 5200.

I just checked again for you - for normal textures it has the 16 and 32 bit formats but in cube texture formats it just had the HDR formats G16R16F and R32F. Those aren't really of any use to me as I'm only trying to do blooming on my environment cubemap and HDR reflection.

Yeesh, another reason that FX5200's suck, eh?
Yeah but it was £45 and all others were £200-400!

A friend wanted me to help him find a graphics card priced < £100 that was at least GeForce 5700 for a game he bought in America - but on Amazon there was just the GeForce 5200 and many discontinued cards.
Quote:Original post by DrGUI
Yeah but it was £45 and all others were £200-400!

A friend wanted me to help him find a graphics card priced < £100 that was at least GeForce 5700 for a game he bought in America - but on Amazon there was just the GeForce 5200 and many discontinued cards.

Dont forget the beautiful 6200. I love it for my test machine, lets me use shader 3.0 and has multiple render targets. Im not talking about the TC, turbo cash was a stupid idea gone wrong.
--X

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement