• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TriSwords

Taking it to 3d?

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I have about 2.5 years of Java expirience, and 1 year of C++ expirience. I would like to try some 3d programming ( I have done console and 2d ), but all the 3d code I see is so discouraging. I have looked at the code here http://www.spacesimulator.net/tutorials.html, but 3d seems somewhat advanced for me. Especially the code for loading a 3d model, that loses me the most. I want to learn OpenGL, from what I've done so far, it has been easier for me to understand and use than DirectX. Also I like OpenGL since I can use it easily in Java and C++. Should I just continue to use the NeHe tutorials and a book I bought (The OpenGL Superbible)? I am still working with basic opengl operations (like GL_TRAINGLE_FAN and drawing them), but is there anything else I should do? Or just stick with the 2 things I have been reading? Thanks TS

Advertisement
Just keep sticking at it my friend. I bought a DirectX 7 book and was completely confused. I hung around til some decent tutorials came along, namely the DX9 SDK ones and started from there really. Nehe is basically the best place to learn OGL so you are doing no wrong using theirs.

Don't be afraid to ask seemingly obvious questions here [smile]

ace

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!