• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sabhat

OpenGL Need a pointer to the right direction

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've started using opengl this summer and been trying to making a terrain. I'm still in the very basic stage so need tutorials and stuff when implementing new things. I don't know what the technique is called that I which to use so i've put up a picture to try to explain. Picture So basically i want to reduce the number of tiles in the textures by making the edges of the grass transparent. This means I can have more terrain types added without the use of allot new pictures. I don't know where to begin to look. Has this something to do with multi-texturing? I guess I need to bind two textures (is this possible) to the tiles that are the edges.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!