• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shitaro25

easy Dev-C++ game graphic files

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I found this simple graphics files to make games with Dev-C++ for windows in C without having to install the librarys into your compiler. Its called HIVE, and it consists of a hive.h file and a hive.c file that you include in your game. You can download it here: http://hiveforwindows.tripod.com/ Here are my instructions for running the demo games which is a bit easier than the tutorial for noobs to figure out. 1)Create a folder somewhere on your computer, give it any name you want, extract both the dh.zip and src.zip into that folder. 2)Create a new project in Dev-C++ as windows32/C++, give it any name you want and save it in the folder you created. 3)Go to Project>Remove and remove the default main file that is within the project, click no when it asks you to save. 4)Go to Project>Add to Project and add the hive.c and winmain.c files that you extracted to the project folder. 5)Click the compile/run button and play the game. [Edited by - shitaro25 on August 12, 2005 3:49:15 PM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach although I know it must lack the capabilities of SDL or Allegro

It uses GDI, so you wont be making any fancy FPSs with it. But it has alot more abstraction than graphics librarys like Allegro and SDL so its definately easier for someone just starting out in game programming.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!