Displaying windows/opengl on other Monitor (Multi Monitor)

Started by
2 comments, last by lc_overlord 18 years, 8 months ago
Hello All I have 2 identical LCD Monitors, and I was thinking about having my Primary Monitor as the main ouput, and my Secondry Monitor as a Debug window, ie (Win32 or a Console Window). This would save on having to display this information on an OpenGL screen. I was wondering if anyone has gotten the MSDN example code working? Because I cant get the EnumDisplayMonitors() function working :( : error C2065: 'EnumDisplayMonitors' : undeclared identifier I have the following includes... #include <windows.h> #include <winuser.h> #include <wingdi.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include <direct.h> #include <tchar.h> as well as the default OpenGL includes. Using the following example in my existing code: // To get information about all the display monitors, // you can use code like the following: EnumDisplayMonitors(NULL, NULL, MyInfoEnumProc, 0); I have also setup my MyInfoEnumProc CALLBACK function which seems fine. It maybe down to the type of project that I am using, or maybe down to an include that I am missing. I would be greatful for any help. Thanks in advance Paul
Advertisement
I had the same problem, it turned out to be the fact that i used vc++ 6.0 and EnumDisplayMonitors wasn't included in the windows API before then.
GG Microsoft.

Anyway, if your stretching the desktop over the two monitors it's possible just to move the debug window to that place without having to use EnumDisplayMonitors.
You only have to use that when you need to move the fullscreen window to the other screen.

Quote:Original post by lc_overlord
I had the same problem, it turned out to be the fact that i used vc++ 6.0 and EnumDisplayMonitors wasn't included in the windows API before then.
GG Microsoft.

Anyway, if your stretching the desktop over the two monitors it's possible just to move the debug window to that place without having to use EnumDisplayMonitors.
You only have to use that when you need to move the fullscreen window to the other screen.

Thanks for the reply...

Yes, I am using VS6, would Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 Special Edition help at all?
I have that, but I haven’t gotten around to installing it yet :(

Here is what I am trying to do:
I am using the two monitors as separate displays (i.e. Monitor 1 and Monitor 2)
And Monitor 1 = Primary Display and Monitor 2 = Secondary Display.

And i wanted my game to use the Primary/Monitor 1 and for my Debug window to use the Secondary/Monitor 2.

Note: the Debug Window is only a temp feature, while I develop my game.

That way I can see what my code is doing as its doing it :)
This will also cut back on me code: P

Thanks in advance.
Paul
Yes, Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 Special Edition would help with this problem.

And eventhough the debug window is a temporary thing, it would be cool thing to have dual monitor support in games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement