SDL fullscreen and lack of cursor

Started by
3 comments, last by ender7771 18 years, 8 months ago
When I make a fullscreen SDL app, the cursor disappears (even if I call SDL_WM_ShowCursor). Is there anything I can do (or am doing wrong) that can fix this? I guess I could just implement my own but that seems unnecessary. The funny thing is if I make a fullscreen SDL/OpenGL app, the cursor remains. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Hey Simian!

Dont quote me on this, as this is my first stab back at SDL in about 2.3months. If you give me time to get home and look this up in my engine, I'll give ya a for sure answer.

I think there was a method in SDL other than the initializer that you spoke of that did the same thing.

SDL_ShowCursor(bool)

So, I believe you can throw that 1 or 0 in and it may do it... I don't know try it out. Like I said, if noone posts before I get home I'll give you the for sure answer, because in TRUform, I know I can choose mid-runtime to show or hide the cursor.

EDIT: Just looked it up on the net and found this!

WOW! I was right for once [smile]

Hope this helps!

toXic1337

toXic1337
This is actually an error, and is discussed in the SDL FAQ. It turns out that your graphics card can't support having the cursor (or something like this). To fix it, simply turn the cursor off using whatever functions, and then have a sprite where ever the cursor would be. I'll try to find the link.

Edit: I'm so good:

http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=2#83
Thanks guys. I actually am having a lot of problems with SDL in fullscreen mode. When my app tries to free surfaces, I get a segmentation fault - even though they blit fine! And one thing I'm drawing appears fine in windowed mode but is not drawn at all in fullscreen.

I think it may be driver trouble - the card I have is deprecated and I can't change it because it's integrated with the motherboard (laptop).
Make sure you have the latest SDL.dll.

I remember I had all these weird problems and then I downloaded the newest version and most of them got sorted out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement